Friday, November 11, 2011

Oh, just my debut blog post...

11/11/11 - people want to get married on this pocky special day; I just want to debut my blog. /laughs/ I had been putting a lot of thoughts into what my debut blog post should be about. I was going to do a light (and stupid) post just because I intend to make this a laid-back sort of blog. Well it’s still going to be a laid-back, chilled blog most of the time, but I want my debut post to have some kind of meaningful substance. Aside from vain things like makeup, fashion and all things cute and Japanese, what means the most to me are my friends and family.
Since my family is living on the other side of the world, my friends are the closest thing to a family I have here. Growing up being a little shy and awkward, I was never a social butterfly. Fortunately, I do have a circle of very close friends. I grew up with most of them; we grew from kids to the young adults we are today, together. It’s amazing to spend a decade with the same people, and to see how everyone has changed and blossomed. Obviously not everyone sticks around, but that just makes the ones that do, extra special.
Yesterday, after having a reunion lunch with a few friends, I walked home with one of them. I’ve known this friend for over a decade. We used to be close, but we haven’t really talked to each other much in recent years. We have mutual friend – from time to time we would hang out as a group – but we never had the chance to talk properly. For a fleeting moment, I thought it would be an awkward walk home, but surprisingly, the anticipated awkwardness never came. We talked about school and our future; I filled her in on what’s going on in my life. Before I knew it, I was already home. Maybe this 10 minute walk wasn’t that big of a deal, but I felt like I got my old friend back. :)
That’s all I’ve got to say today, more random thoughts, travelling posts and vanity coming up!
/oh my first post is so long, i'm so uncool *runs*/
Oh, and... happy pocky/pepero day!! XD

strawberry pocky ❤



/failed/OOTD

- NAT

1 comment:

  1. i love love love the picture of the strawberry pocky! Such a classy feel ;) and this blog post actually brightens up my night! (Damn you daylight savings..)

    ReplyDelete