Saturday, September 22, 2012

Eating my Kimchi.

So it's been a while. I've been meaning to do a series of posts about my epic summer trip to Seoul and Osaka, but then I guess that is not going to happen. At least not the way I have planned to.

I was going to write about what I did everyday and such but turns out I never made a record of what I did each day while I was on the trip, and since it was almost 2 months ago, I can no longer remember. ^^"

Instead, I will just word vomit and type out whatever I can recall. Ready?

The thing I like most about Korea, is their food. Growing up in a Korean town in Toronto, I've been feeding on Korean food for the past 10 years of my life. It got even worse when my mom went back to HK, leaving me here on my own. I have Korean food at least 3 times a week.

Angel brought me to try a lot of different Korean dishes, some familiar to me, some are new - BUT THEY ALL TASTE SO FRIGGING GOOD! Best of all, Korean food are relatively cheap. Cheap and yummy, I'm in heaven!!!! :D

My favourite has to be the soondae bokeum. Soondae is not new to me, I often order soondae kuk (soondae in soup) at our local korean restaurant. However, it's the first time I've had it in...bokeum form?!?! Basically it's a table cooking kind of thing. It looks like this.


Looking at that makes my mouth water.

My favourite building is this landmark building at Insadong. It's full of boutiques and unique stores (in my opinion). The coolest thing is, you just keep walking in circles and you're actually walking in a spiral upwards. How cool is THAT? XD


As for shopping, I actually really liked the typical touristy shopping place - Myeongdong. I bought a bunch of cosmetics (etude house mostly), and a bunch of accessories (yay fake collars!). It was so fun to shop there. Salespeople speak funny Chinese and Japanese trying to draw customers in, since the place is so fully of tourists.

Etude House ♥
I'm not an Etude House fan or anything (seeing as I'm Japan bias of course I tend to buy Japanese cosmetics), but I hauled a little and bought some stuff from there since I've heard lots of good things about the brand. I bought their precious mineral sun bb cream since many people said it's good - and I was not disappointed! I've been using it since I've bought it and I do really like it. I almost like it as much as my laneige one. I switch between the two depending on my mood but that's basically what I use instead of a traditional foundation.

my little EH haul, with a generous amount of samples.

One day, we went to do our nails at dongdaemun. I had no idea exactly what I wanted but I wanted something sweet because I had plans to meet some friends I made online when I go to Japan and I didn't want to come off as too extreme (and scare them away). So this is what I chose.


In the end my friends never saw it because it started chipping and I removed the nail polish :(
It was nice while it lasted though, and I wouldn't mind wearing this pink x cloud design again!

I had a really good time chilling with my bff and rolling around in Seoul. Shopping, drinking, coffee time, girls' talks. The 4-5 days flew by.
It's good that I had Japan to look forward to or else I would be super sad to leave Seoul.

My awesome friend and I.
I guess I'll make a separate post on Osaka (and a day in Kyoto). This is getting pretty long :P

No comments:

Post a Comment