Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 Recap and 2014 Aims

Ahh... it's been a long time since I worked on this blog. At the beginning of the year school was taking up all my energy as I had to spend a lot of time working on my final year project. When school was finally over, I was busy with life - taking a trip to NYC with my bff, enjoying the last days in Toronto, settling down in Hong Kong, and going on my awesome trip to Japan with KK. Before I knew it, the year ended and my blog collected an inch thick of dust. =__="

I've decided to do a recap of my 2013 (for my future reference) since it was one of the best years of my life up till now. I've challenged myself throughout the year, and I feel like I've grown a lot as a person. I will forever treasure all the new encounters and memories this year brought me.

Major Things that happened in my 2013:

1.) My final year project as a Marketing Major - worked in a team and created a marketing campaign for our client - ASUS. It was a really nerve-wrecking, yet fruitful experience as we had to meet up with our client, come up with a proposal and a presentation for them. This was a really good opportunity to experience the 'real business' scene.

2.) I've become more active this year. Although I still couldn't seem to stick to one kind of sport for a prolong period of time /laughs/. I've been playing badminton with my friends regularly on a weekly basis for a few months, then that sort of stopped as many of them turned to rock-climbing and bouldering. I started hitting the gym around Spring time, then switched to swimming in the summer time. Unfortunately I stopped exercising religiously since I moved back to Hong Kong, but even in my daily life, I'm trying to walk more. I'm trying to do things that are better to my body but I need to learn to be persistent with it hahaha.

3.) Finally finished with my Undergrad and moved back to Hong Kong. Finally having to deal with this annoying question, "what is my future (career) plan?"

4.) Met a bunch of friends online, and eventually being able to meet them in person. This was such a wonderful and amazing experience for me. They were really understanding, and gave me motivation and encouragement when I needed them. They definitely added colours to my otherwise boring life. I sure hope they will stay in my life for a very very long time :)

5.) NYC trip with the bff - we've talked about this for years and it finally happened. I'm really grateful that he was nice enough to book everything and took care of me so well during the trip. Roaming around NYC was really fun and tiring, and it made me super happy to finally being able to watch the Lion King musical!

6.) Japan trip - I had been looking forward to this trip ever since KK and I decided to go together. I was a little worried whether or not we could get along for 10 days, but we did and the trip was awesome!!!! I can totally see us taking another trip without major problems and I'm glad I found a good travel buddy <3 After KK left Japan, I went off to Hiroshima to meet someone special. Had a really fun weekend there and then went back to Tokyo to meet more of my online pals. The whole 3 weeks in Japan was probably the highlight of my 2013 and I can't wait to go back again!

7.) Bleaching and Dyeing my hair - now I'm obsessed with light hair colours and I don't know how to go back to having dark hair T_T"

8.) EXILE live tour (live viewing) and One Ok Rock WAYWAW Tour 2013 - just...pure awesomeness. I realize how lucky I am to be able to see an OOR live, because it's so much harder for fans to get tickets for lives in Japan and I'm really glad I got to see them in Hong Kong.

I've also done a lot of fun things like exploring downtown Toronto with Terri, going to the big buddha with my girls (Bella -and family- and KK), meeting up with Tammy again, going to Ocean Park (going on roller coasters in OP and haunted houses for the first time in my life) with KK, taking a family trip to China (ironically without my parents), trips to disneyland with my cousin, watching 風たちぬ with bff when he came back to HK for a short visit, etc...


All in all, 2013 was a pretty enjoyable year for me. I've learned a lot, faced a lot of challenges, had a lot of fun, and met a lot of awesome people. I'm sure 2014 can only get better, because I'm grateful for all the awesome people that are in my life, and with them, I feel like life can only get better ^^

In 2014, I hope to finally figure out a career and find a lifestyle that suits me. I really want to have a new start in Japan. Although my parents are not fond of the idea, I know if I don't try it for myself I would regret it. Well I don't know how it will turn out, but for now I'm just taking life one step at a time, and who knows where my next step will take me?

No comments:

Post a Comment