Monday, January 26, 2015

Fall, in love with Japan 2013 - part 6

This was the day Angel came down to Tokyo and we were planning to spend two days together before she headed back to Sendai.

Since Angel wasn't arriving until past noon, we used the morning to go to the coin laundry since we were running out of clean clothes to wear.

While we were waiting, we met a cat friend who was living with a few others in a backyard of a house on that street. I meow-ed at him and he came to me (cat whisperer moment hehe)! ❤❤❤ After spending a few moments with him, we decided to grab a bite from a nearby convenient store since we had to wait for our laundry anyway.

lovely Mr. Cat :3

got a Marie milk tea from the convenient store. ❤__

After laundry, we went back to our hotel, checked out, and moved to another hotel. The truth is, our new place was pretty sketch haha. WELL it was in the red-light district in Shinjuku afterall so I wasn't too surprised. After we dropped off our luggage, we went out to meet Angel at the Shinjuku station!!!! It took us a while to find each other. KK and I had a competition of who can spot Angel first, and of course, I won! hehe.
my girls ❤

purikura! a MUST in our girls' date whenever there's access to a photo booth.

Every time we meet up, we make a scene. Angel always greets with high tension and big hugs!! We decided to shop for a bit around Shinjuku, and we went to Mylord, where Angel bought an outfit that she wore out immediately. Mylord quickly became one of my favourite places to shop in Shinjuku from then on. After shopping, we went to Asakusa to see the famous gate with the huge lantern. Unfortunately, the lantern was taken down for repair so we couldn't see it. We had monjayaki for late lunch. It was my first time having monjayaki and I liked it! It was really fun and delicious. It ended up having this chewy and unique texture, I'm guessing not everyone will like it but we all did. There were many kinds to choose from with different ingredients. Ours had mentaiko and mochi and cabbage was heavenly!!!

Ready to cook some monja!

It might not look great now, but it's absolutely delish!

To eat: scrape out a little chunk of it with a tiny spetula. Push it down a little so that it cooks a little more on the hot plate, then put in your mouth (please don't burn yourself!). NOM!

also had yakisoba!

After our late lunch, we walked around the main shopping street area. KK and I got some manju (bun like snacks) since it was recommended in our travel book.
sesame and maccha buns
 Some snaps I took in Asakusa.

After Asakusa, we went to Harajuku. Angel wanted to shop at Forever21, so we did. However, KK and I didn't buy anything since we figured we wanted to use our luggage space (and budget) more wisely, for things harder to get outside of Japan.

We went to Takeshita Doori, and of course I had to get a crepe at my favourite crepe stand!

I got a ham, egg, lettuce one....I like savoury crepe more than dessert crepe.

Angel took us to a bar at Roppongi afterwards. We picked fruits from a fruit basket, and the bartender will turn them into drinks for us! Mine was a nashi (pear) based one. The drinks were really nice and the place has a very nice ambience too.
cheers! to a girl's night out!

looking down from the second floor of the bar. 

We went back to our hotel afterwards. However, Angel and I (because KK was too tired) went to Shin Okubo (Korean town in Tokyo) for some late night korean food, just like old times!
bonding time.....Angel and I always bond over Korean food.
KK just got out of the shower when we got back from Korean food. We quickly got ready for bed, made plans for tomorrow and called it a night.
sharing a bed and playing with our phones before we sleep.

The next morning, we got up relatively early to go to the Tsukiji fish market for some breakfast. It was raining, but lots of shops were packed with people lining up outside, so we just picked one that we could go into directly since we figured all of them are pretty similar anyway.

fresh seafood don is heavenly!

KK took care of the bill this time because I got the bill for us at the bar. ^___^

We then walked to Ginza, which wasn't far. We only walked around because things were over our budget in Ginza. We went for afternoon tea though, and had cake! (LOL yes we eat a lot, and we bond a lot over food.)

pretty cake!

another pretty cake!

me and pretty friend! :D
After tea time, it was time for Angel to catch her bus back to Sendai. We went to the station with her and said our byes there. Then we went for more shopping at Shibuya and Harajuku. It was raining a lot that day which was quite inconvenient!

At the Shibuya many transparent umbrellas!

got a dessert crepe this time at Harajuku (which was totally not as good as the savoury one!)

ordered sandwiches at this cafe in Harajuku because we wanted to be indoors....
I just remembered that day to be a very wet day hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment